So tender, juicy, sweet with a hint of heat…
Why I love making pulled pork: 1. It is super simple and can easily be thrown in the crock pot 2. We can have it a million different ways. 3. I especially love this for game days. 4. You can also premake a large batch, separate it into ziplock freezer bags, freeze em and pull them out as you please.
Tonight we will be making a pulled pork sandwich topped with coleslaw. Other nights, this is amazing on top of homemade mac n cheese. It’s amazing in a tortilla with melted cheese and sauteed onions…
- 2ish pounds of pork tenderloin
- 1/4c chicken stock
- 1/4c apple cider vinegar
- 2 c bbq sauce (I love sweet baby rays) A honey or brown sugar kind is best, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Mix together the chicken stock, apple cider vinegar and one cup of bbq sauce.
- Mix together your spices.
- Place the pork into your crock pot and rub the meat with the seasoning mix.
- Make slits across the pork, about halfway through to allow the sauces to penetrate.
- Add the sauce.
- Set to High for about 5 hours.
- Shred the meat and place back into the crockpot.
- Stir in the remaining bbq sauce and let the meat sit on a low or warm setting for 20 minutes so it can take in the flavors.
Take a bite!