Hello, it’s been a while. Lots going on in our world lately. The weather here is cold and rainy, a great prelude to what fall will be. I decided to settle down with some football and hot and sour soup. I greatly enjoyed sending pictures to my best bud in the world because I knew she would be jealous… or inspired!?
This is my PSA: This is a version that I make because I really like the extras I put in here. I absolutely hate tofu, so I omit it, but you can easily add some pre shredded chicken or pork… or tofu.
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 eggs, pre whisked with a dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup stemmed and thinly sliced mushrooms (I use baby bellas)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1-3 tsp chili garlic sauce (depending on heat preference, I use 2 then add more to my bowl)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
How I do it:
- In a large pot on medium high heat, add the onions, mushrooms, carrots, stock, vinegar, soy, chili sauce, turmeric, and ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Once everything is cooked, slowly stir in your eggs. Then mix together the water and corn starch. Add this in slowly and stir until thickened.
- Sprinkle on your cilantro and chow down 😉