Our eldest had a birthday party this weekend and I had bought a shrimp cocktail platter. I thawed it and totally forgot about taking it out for our guests. Needless to say, we have a lot of shrimp right now. We haven’t had pasta in a while, so I decided to make some shrimp scampi. This is literally the easiest throw together dish ever and it took me… maybe 20 minutes? Most of that time was waiting for the water to come to boil. Turns out, a watched pot won’t boil. This recipe is literally made with ingredients we had on hand. I wanted to make sure our meal wasn’t just pasta, so I added a huge salad and broccoli to the dish.
- 1-2 cups cooked shrimp (no tails!) This is dependent on how much you love shrimp.
- 1 package thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 lemon (for zest and juice)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup capers
- fresh herbs- I used thyme, chives, and parsley
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion diced finely
- Bring a large pot to boil, add pasta and cook til al dente.
- Meanwhile, on medium heat, cook onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter, zest of one lemon, lemon juice, herbs, and capers. Stir in the shrimp and cooked pasta. Cook on medium-medium low heat for 1-2 minutes so flavors can meld into pasta.
- Top with the shaved parmesan.
- Plate and devour.
You can add so many more things into this dish such as: cooked broccoli, peas, carrots, leeks, mushrooms, bell pepper…. list goes on!