Hi there! My brother went fishing on a work trip and brought me back halibut. I LOVE halibut! I made one of my favorite dishes tonight and I wanted to share. Also, check out the view I got to gaze at while eating:
- 1 lb halibut, around 2 6-8 oz pieces
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Fresh herbs on hand: I had chives, rosemary, and thyme
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion or shallot
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- lots of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs capers
- 3 strips finely chopped bacon
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dredge your halibut in a dish with the flour that is generously seasoned with salt and pepper.
- In an oven safe pan, heat on medium heat the oil. Once hot, add your bacon. Cook until brown and just crisp. Remove bacon from pan.
- Add 1 tbs butter and the fish fillets. Cook one side until lightly brown. Turn the fish over.
- Place into the oven for about 8-10 minutes. You want the fish firm, flaky, and browned on both sides.
- Remove the fish from the pan and set aside onto paper towels to drain and rest.
- Place the pan back on at medium high heat. Add your remaining butter, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, then add the wine and lemon juice to deglaze the pan.
- Add the capers, herbs, lemon zest and salt and pepper. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Plate the fish, top with the bacon, drizzle with the sauce.